Saturday, October 27, 2007

Newbie

When I first heard about blogging many years back, I ignored it as it sounded like a strange and strenuous sport. I do like sport - but this one sounded rather environmentally irresponsible.

Yes, of course I realised what blogging was shortly after, but for the longest time, was wondering why people do it? Moreover, being a productivity-buff, it came across as a time-waster (it was of course way more productive playing with my PS - then).


A couple of years ago, I started changing my perception of blogging - when people I personally knew actually had their blogs read and talked about - even moreso, than some bestsellers out in the market. I must say some of em were rather amusing.


But starting a blog still sounded way too tedious.


2 months back, Facebook became a part of my lifestyle - and yes, like 99% of folks on facebook, soon developed the addiction of being a passive voyeur. And about a week back, started rambling random thoughts on facebook, and found it surprisingly therapeutic.

Hence the start of this blog, inspired by some of the bloggers in the big league that I've come to know. e.g.
Kevin Yeoh (who I'm currently on MSN with getting his advice on how to create links).

After all, it's therapeutic having the fingers do the thinking.

1 comment:

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Hehe. And thanks to the information found on your Facebook, we can now add another blog to our daily reads.